What Is Remy Hair
There are several people out there who usually confuse remy hair with virgin hair. Although the two words can be used synonymously, they don’t mean the same. The name can sometimes be used to mean virgin hair but not in all the cases. As stated above, remy hair represents high quality hair from a single donor.
Virgin hair is the hair type that is chemically unprocessed usually collected from a single donor. In simple terms, virgin hair is just remy hair at its initial step. It is remy hair that hasn’t been tampered with in terms of applying dyes, harsh washes and perm bleaches.
Non-remy hair is one of the most common and popular type of hair extensions. However, non-remy hair has both the roots and the tip mixed up to ensure that all the hair is not running in the same direction. It as well undergoes saving off of the cuticles. It can as well undergo shaving off the ends of the hair. In addition, non-remy hair has underwent chemical processing to try and make the looks more natural.
The other difference is based on the pricing, virgin hair is the most prestigious type of hair extensions out there. They are expensive and precious. For this reason, many people prefer virgin hair because of its natural look. However, this doesn’t mean that remy hair is under-cost. They are as well expensive and precious among all hair extensions. On the other side, the two hairs are smooth, healthy and precious. They also have the perfect shape and quality. I bet this is want confuses people out there. There’s bit of confusion and many people have a hard time making the difference between the two of them based on the looks.
The term remy refers to the physiognomies of the hair. It can also be used to refer to the method of manufacturing these hair extensions. These hair extensions are the most popular and human hair extensions available in the market. They are especially preferred for their price and the look they enhance.
The hair has to remain super soft, silky and shiny regardless of the method used. This is specifically to eliminate tangling problems. With regular maintenance, remy hair extensions can stay for a life time.
- The first characteristics is that the hair cuticles are allied and also run in the same direction.
- All the hair strands remain aligned during the collection process.
- They also do not tangle or matte over time
- The other thing is that they can take longer to manufacture
- They are very precious and hence they are expensive. There’s also a short supply of remy hair and that’s what makes them expensive
Non-remy hair in simple terms is human hair that is collected from different donors. What this means is that it doesn’t look natural and it also doesn’t maintain the texture. This hair extensions can be sold in a finished product or even in raw state. The cuticles flow in opposite directions in its raw state. However,, the cuticles are intact. What this means is that the quality is compromised due to tangling.
The finished product have the cuticles scraped but all the hair are similar in length. This gives each piece a thick luscious appearance.
- Non-remy hair contains split ends
- They cannot last as long as remy hair. They actually last a few weeks.
- The other thing is that non-remy hair is in great supply and that is what makes them cheap.
- The hair are also thin at the ends
- The last characteristic is that non-remy hair contains shredded hair from the brushes.
- The difference between these two hair extensions is visible. Firstly, the methods of collection are not the same.
- Remy hair is also in short supply and that’s is what makes it expensive. Non-remy hair is in high supply and its price is relatively low.
- In addition, remy hair has the best quality when compared to non-remy hair. This is another factor that keeps remy hair in high demand.
- Remy hair can last longer than non-remy hair. The other thing that you should note is that the human hair sold today in most places is non-remy hair. If you want to verify this, just look at the hair cuticles and you will notice they are all aligned in a different direction.
The reality of the matter is that there are different factors that determines your choices here. As we had already stated, remy hair is expensive. What this means is that it can only be on the list if you can afford the cost. However, I believe they are worthy the value because they are smoother, healthier and shiner. They will as well last longer and hence they are worth the investment.